Micro-Gloss® #5 Liquid Abrasive is a stronger formulation than our standard, 1 micron Micro-Gloss®. #5 is approved as a Type II polish for aircraft canopies and will remove a 9 micron scratch. After using #5, follow this by using the standard Micro-Gloss® for a crystal clear finish. Micro-Gloss® #5 is a waterbase formulation and is environmentally safe. This concentrated cream does not cover damage or fill in damage – it removes it! Most cleaners and polishes contain products that can damage surfaces over time. Micro-Gloss® #5 does not! You should never use products on critical surfaces that contain any of the following:
In the aerospace industry, Micro-Gloss® #5 is recognized as a Type II polish for aircraft canopies:
- Safe for use on both bare or coated acrylic and polycarbonate aircraft canopies
- ASTM F791 tested and approved as compliant to USAF specification 16ZK002F (Addendum 2)
- Approved for use on interior and exterior aircraft canopies
- NSN #5350-01-334-8997
- Spec’d in Technical Orders: 16W2-6-2 and 16W2-5-2
- Meets Mc Donnell Douglas/Boeing Spec D6-52021
- Removes fine scratches up to 9 micron in depth or it will remove the scratch pattern left by MICRO-MESH™ 3600
- Removes yellowing and milkiness from vinyl surfaces
- Continues to improve the appearance of the transparencies when used regularly over time
- Can be applied by hand or with a rotary buffer using our Black Lamb® TufBuf polishing pad and foam finessing pad
Available in a wide variety of sizes, 1 bottle per unit each.
WARNING: Prop 65 Regulated – Refer to “Regulatory” and “Safety Data Sheet” sections of the Product Tool Box on this page, for details.